My Future: High or Low Concerns Me Not

  • on Thursday, July 8, 2010
  • “What may be my future lot,
    High or low concerns me not;
    This doth set my heart at rest:
    What my God appoints is best.”

    A very beautiful and affirming quote I've found. This quote really gives me strength the time I came to the point of doubting what my future would be. I am at my 29th now, still single, praying and loving life to the fullest in serving God and His people. But sometimes there are times I sit alone in a corner planning, thinking and worrying for my future. They say (My Friends), I'm the calmest and the coolest person ever (Mr.Cool) but even though, I worry. But when I came across to this quote i realized 3 things, 3 things that God promised me for my future.

    First, My future is full of HOPE. as Gods promised for us in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,'declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God promised us in several places in the Bible, that He will never leave us nor forsake us. He promised that He is always with us. One of the things that excite me in the goodness on God is the fact that not only is God for me; He is with me and in me and will NEVER leave me alone. The Lord is all I have so I put my Hope in Him.

    “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose HOPE is the LORD." Jeremiah 17:7

    Second, My future is in HIS HANDS. Sometimes, we spend a lot of time worrying about the future. And yet most of what we worry about never comes to pass. The Lord promised us not to worry about your life, what you will eat or drink. in Luke 12:22-26 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the birds: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest?. God will take care of our future just like how he takes care of those birds in the verse, we are the apple of His eyes and so I believed that He is the one holding our future, every child of God is entitled this promise. Let us not put limitations to his promise and underestimate his power.

    You are my God. My times are in Your HAND." Psalm 31:14

    And lastly, My future is a taste of HEAVEN. God promised us to seek first His kingdom and everything will follow. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33. I am among those who experienced the truth in this verse. If you seek happiness, happiness will just elude you, but if you seek the kingdom of God happiness will find you. God's will first, and you will be happy!. In the end, God's will is our hearts desire and that desire is heaven, for heaven is here in our Heart.

    As Psalm 37:4 tells us, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

    3 comments:

    coppergirl said...

    i love your blog Kuya! very inspiring and insightful. incidentally, i've been pondering on that verse from Luke since last week. the birds are actually sparrows in other Bible translations :D

    btw, if you want, you can check out one of my more personal blogs http://sparrowheaven.blogspot.com
    the aim of that blog is similar to yours, although i don't always hit the mark. but i try :)

    Admin said...

    Thanks Kat..maganda din naman yung sayo atleast marami na yung nasulat mo.mine is 5days old blog haha. Add me to your bloglist add din kita.. :-)

    Kirby said...

    5 days old, with a lifetime worth of wisdom. Keep on writing blair. very inspiring.

    Kirby
    www.godisenoughforme.com

    Post a Comment